Helpful steps in using MLA to automatically patch show and set XYZ values for fixtures based upon a fully populated Lightwright file.
- Create show with fixtures added and channel numbers correct per Lightwright. No need to patch. Script only uses channel numbers and not fixture numbers.
- Enable Telnet in desk settings.
- Start Session.
- Do not have patch window open.
- Delete any unpatched items from file.
- Change address format to 1/100.
- Run Export MLA in Automated Actions.
Moving Light Assistant
- Import as ‘TEXT FILE’ and not Lightwright file
- Tab Delimited, Ignore First, Lightwright format.
- Change as below images show
- Import and delete any blanks.
- Connect to console and login using built in GrandMA2 utility.
- Run the script MA2 Patch Position Name Fixtures. Download here. Drop this file into the Moving Light Assistant / Scripts folder.